SBM Savings Account is aimed at providing greater convenience and added value propositions. Whether you are saving big or small, our SBM Savings Account is an effective way to grow your money and help you achieve your goals while earning interest on your daily credit balance. Some features of SBM Savings Account are as follows:
- Minimum Interest Earning Balance: Rs 5,000
- Free Debit Cards
- Standing order facilities
- Utility bill payments through direct debit
- Carry out transactions, including but not limited to withdrawals and deposits, at any time, 24/7
- Flexible and Hassle Free
- The same account may be operated by more than one person
- Free Internet Banking, Mobile Banking Service and SMS Banking
- Topup your mobile credit balance through SBM Mobile Topup
Opening a Bank Account has never been so easy. Just follow these simple steps and we will get you up and running in no time. To proceed with the SBM Online Bank Account Opening, you will require the following documents in scanned copy:
- Your National Identity Card (NIC)
- Recent utility bill (CEB/CWA/TELECOM) as proof of address. Please note that it should be less than 3 months.
- If the bill is in the name of your parent(s), please provide a copy of your birth certificate
- If the bill is in the name of your spouse, please provide a copy of your marriage certificate
- If the bill is in another person’s name, please provide a confirmation letter from that person certifying that you are currently residing at the address mentioned thereon.
Fill in the application form, upload all the required documents as prompted and submit your application. Our Customer Service Representative will get in touch with by the next working day to schedule an appointment for you at your preferred SBM Branch to complete the account opening procedures.
We invite you to read our Terms and Conditions.
At what frequency is interest paid?
Interest is credited twice per year, i.e. in June and December, is calculated on a daily basis and is payable half-yearly.
How do I obtain a record of my account transactions?
You can obtain a statement through E-Statement facility or you will be sent a free statement that covers all transactions for the past 6 months on a half-yearly basis. You may also request a mini statement through any SBM ATM.