Our Point-of-Sale (POS) Service provides merchants with secure and reliable transaction processing to authorise, settle, and manage card payments through POS terminals. SBM Group's POS Service has become a critical component for merchants wanting to accept card payments for goods and services. The benefits for merchants to accept cards are as follows:
- Funds credited automatically at the bank
- Convenient mode of payment for your customers
- Faster operations at till points
- Mitigate risk of errors during cash handling
- Fewer operational risks as less cash in hand
- Streamlining of operations with less cash management operations
- Less cash management with less cash insurance
- Easy reconciliation with regular statement/report provided by the bank
- Better alternative to cheques
- Offer Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) Solution
- Compatible with a merchant till
Our POS services can be characterised as follows:
1. Greater Convenience
Ease of Use: The POS screen is interactive and user-friendly.
Cancellation of transactions: In case of mistakes, credit card transactions can be cancelled on the POS itself.
Rapid Processing Time: Online Transactions are processed within 10 seconds.
Multi-Currency: SBM POS allows transactions to be processed in several currencies. The most popular ones are EUR, USD, GBP and ZAR.
Connectivity: SBM proposes both dial up and GPRS terminals for merchants’ better convenience. For GPRS terminals connectivity fees are undertaken by the SBM.
2. Merchant Crediting
Card Sales proceeds are credited to corporate accounts the next working day with SBM or in two working days with any other bank in Mauritius.
3. Customer Service - Dedicated Team
Customer Service for merchants includes the following:
- 24-hour customer service that runs 7 days a week irrespective of weekdays/weekends/public holidays, etc., to provide merchants with assistance from a team of specialists.
- We provide a rapid pre-authorisation 24/7 service desk. Our staff will liaise with other issuing banks in the market to ensure your transaction is authorised.
- On-site intervention is provided with minimum delay to merchants and attended to by a team of technicians.
- Constant personal contact is maintained with the merchant by a Point of Sale Officer who is responsible for catering for the needs and requests of the merchants and a hotline is available for assistance on a 24-hour basis.
4. Risk Management
We have a Proactive Risk Management system for identification of potential fraud coupled with 24/7 merchant hotline and a dedicated Chargeback and Fraud team that provide merchants with prompt information for Risk Management and Control.
5. Partnership on SBM’s Card Discount Programme
We offer you the possibility to partner in our Card’s Discount programme to benefit your company in the following ways:
a. Sales turnover
An opportunity to increase your sales turnover thus positively impacting your bottom line.
b. Wider customer reach/marketing
Through this partnership, your company’s products and services will be communicated to a wide audience through various channels: website, direct marketing, brochures, posters and other collateral.
c. Consolidation of our relationship
The cards programme will consolidate our relationship. It will be a Win-Win situation for all three parties involved (bank, merchants, customers).
Should you wish to grab this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com