There is no denying that we are currently in a climate change crisis. At SBM Bank (Mauritius) Ltd, we strive to make a change towards a greener environment and better future for the next generations.
SBM, in partnership with SUNREF Mauritius, assists individuals, SMEs and corporates through various financing solutions designed to support their investment in eco-friendly equipment and technology to support their commitment to sustainability.
SBM now offers both Secured and Unsecured Eco Loans, depending on the scope of your project.
An investment grant of 5% to 15% of the eligible loan amount is awarded to projects which meet the grant requirements.
Eco Loan is geared towards financing projects promoting climate change mitigation or adaptation. Examples of projects which qualify under this scheme are as follows:
|Climate Mitigation projects||Climate Adaptation projects|
- Minimum loan amount of MUR 100,000
- Up to 100% of the acquisition and installation costs (Excl VAT)
- Loan Repayment period between 4 and 7 years
- Up to 2 years moratorium on capital repayment for SBM Secured Eco Loan
- Competitive interest rates for both SBM Secured and Unsecured Eco Loan
- Security: Fixed charge on property belonging to individual and/or belonging to Guarantor, or Cash Collateral or any other security acceptable to the bank.
- Attractive investment grants of 5% to 15% of the loan amount for eligible investments
- Support from the SUNREF Mauritius technical assistance team from initial project assessment (involving development of eligible, innovative and profitable green projects) to loan application.
- National Identity Card
- Recent proof of address (utility bill – MT, CWA or CEB), not older than 3 months
- Last 3 months salary slips
- Last 3 months bank statements for existing customers / Last 6 months bank statements for new to bank customers
- Quotation from supplier
- Insurance policy (will be requested following loan approval, prior to disbursement)
- Feasibility study (if any)
- Invoices (if any)
Additional documents required if loan is secured by a Fixed Charge on property:
- National Identity Card of owners
- Birth Certificate of owners
- Marriage Certificate of owners (if applicable)
- Divorce Certificate of owners (if applicable)
- Site plan of property offered as security
- Affidavit (duly registered and transcribed)
- Title Deed (duly registered and transcribed)
Who can apply for this financing?
- Salaried customers
- Self-employed professionals