SBM, in partnership with SUNREF Mauritius, assists individuals, SMEs and corporates through various financing solutions designed to support their investment in energy efficiency and renewable energy equipment. The sustainable use of natural resources in priority sectors such as Construction, Hospitality, Manufacturing and Agriculture are also included in our financing solutions.
An investment grant of 5% to 15% of the eligible loan amount is awarded to projects which meets the grant requirements.
Ecoloan is geared towards financing projects promoting climate change mitigation or adaptation. Examples of projects which qualify under this scheme are as follows:
|Climate Mitigation projects||Climate Adaptation projects|
- Minimum loan amount of MUR 100,000
- Up to 100% of the acquisition and installation costs (Excl VAT)
- Loan Repayment period between 4 and 7 years
- Up to 2 years moratorium on capital repayment
- Competitive interest rates at SBM PLR minus 0.10%
- Security: Fixed charge on property belonging to individual and/or belonging to Guarantor, or Cash Collateral or any other security acceptable to the bank.
For individuals, SMEs and corporates, investing in green projects is encouraged and motivated by cost gains while minimizing the impact on the environment.
- Attractive investment grants of 5% to 15% of the loan amount for eligible investments
- Reduced operational cost and maintenance
- Support from the SUNREF Mauritius technical assistance team from initial project assessment (involving development of eligible, innovative and profitable green projects) to loan application.
What are the Documents Required to apply for the SBM Ecoloan facility?
- National Identity Card
- Recent proof of address (utility bill – MT, CWA or CEB), not older than 3 months
- Last 3 months salary slips
- Last 3 months bank statements for existing customers / Last 6 months for new to bank customers
- Quotation from supplier
- Certificate from the supplier of the equipment certifying that the installer is well-versed with the installation of the equipment (wherever applicable).
- Insurance policy (will be requested following loan approval, prior to disbursement)
- Feasibility study (if any)
- Invoices (if any)
Additional documents required if loan is secured by a Fixed Charge on property:
- National Identity Card of owners
- Birth Certificate of owners
- Marriage Certificate of owners (if applicable)
Terms and conditions apply.
Who can apply for this financing?
- Salaried customers
- Self-employed professionals