At a glance
Wherever you are and whenever you want, your VISA Electron Debit Card, UPI and MasterCard allow you to access your funds and to pay for your purchases as well as other transactions with the ease and convenience of not carrying cash.
- Free of charge
- Chip-enabled providing you with the highest level of card payment security
- Access your funds 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- Worldwide acceptance at over 20 million POS (Point of Sale) and over one million ATMs
- Discounts at merchant partners across Mauritius.
- Recharge your mobile phone through SBM TopUp
- Exclusive worldwide discounts for UPI customers.
Upon opening of Current Savings account
SBM is introducing SBM ShopNCash, a new service also globally known as Cash Back. This service will be available on SBM POS for SBM Debit cardholders (Visa, MasterCard, UPI).
With SBM ShopNCash, SBM customers will now be able to withdraw cash while paying with any SBM debit card through SBM POS at selected retail outlets thus reducing the dependency on ATMs.
• Safe, convenient, and quick way to obtain cash
• No bank charges on SBM ShopNCash transactions
• *Reduced dependency on ATMs to withdraw cash (broader access)
• Access to cash in remote areas where ATMs are not available
*Note: SBM debit cardholders can withdraw up to a maximum of Rs 7,000 and a minimum of Rs 100 daily through SBM ShopNCash
How it Works:
• To benefit from SBM ShopNCash, customers need to be a SBM debit cardholder
• Wherever the SBM ShopNCash logo is available, customer may request for cash withdrawal while making a minimum purchase of *Rs 200 minimum with any SBM debit card
• Cashier keys in the purchase amount and the Cash Back amount requested by the customer
• Customer checks and validates the total purchase & Cash Back amount with PIN code
• Cashier hands over cash & POS receipt to customer
*subject to merchant’s policy
Will I be given a receipt for SBM ShopNCash transaction?
• Yes. Printed receipt will display purchase and Cash Back amount
Are there any bank charges to withdraw cash through SBM ShopNCash?
• SBM ShopNCash service is currently free of charge
What type of card is accepted for SBM ShopNCash transaction?
• Currently, all SBM Debit Cards bearing the VISA, MasterCard and UPI logo are accepted for SBM ShopNCash
What are the limits applicable for SBM ShopNCash?
• To enjoy Cash Back service, a minimum card purchase *Rs 200 should be effected
• SBM debit cardholders can withdraw up to a maximum of Rs 7,000 and a minimum of Rs 100 daily through SBM ShopNCash
*subject to merchant’s policy
Is the Debit Card free of charge?
Yes, except for the replacement of cards or PIN.
How secure is our Debit Card?
SBM Debit Cards are chip-enabled which makes the card totally secure. Even if you lose your card all you need to do is call us immediately on our cards hotline (230) 202 1256, available on a 24/7 basis, or on (230) 207 0111 between 08h00 and 18h00 on weekdays and we will cancel your card.
Does a customer need to hold an account with SBM to have a Debit Card?
Yes. A savings or a current account is required.
Can it be used other than on SBM ATMs?
Yes, on any ATM or POS machine worldwide displaying the Visa or MasterCard or Cirrus or UPI logo. However, if used on non-SBM ATMs an interbank fee is payable.
Will the merchant charge me an additional fee for paying with my card?
No, the cost of an item is the same whether you pay by card or cash.
Can it be used if no balance is available in the account?
No, unless there is an overdraft limit on a current account.
Is there any limit on the ATM withdrawals allowed with an SBM Debit Card?
At any point in time, the maximum amount you can withdraw is Rs 20,000 per day. Moreover, for security reasons, more than 4 ATM transactions on the same day is not allowed.
Can a higher daily withdrawal limit be set on the card?
Yes. A higher individual limit can be considered upon request e.g. when travelling abroad. A written request must be made via any SBM branch.
Can a debit card be used on the internet for online purchases?
No. Customers need to apply for a prepaid card or credit card to effect purchases on the internet.
Will statements be generated showing all Debit Card transactions?
Yes, the bank will mail customers their statements on a monthly/quarterly basis. Customers having Internet Banking facilities can also view their transactions online and those having Mobile Banking services can view their transactions on their mobile phones.
Can supplementary cards be issued on the same account?
No. However individual cards can be issued to each party of a joint account.
Does the card have an expiry date?
Yes, a Debit Card is valid for 5 years and is automatically renewed upon expiry.