The Terms and Conditions have been prepared in accordance with the Public Notice issued by the Bank of Mauritius on 20 April 2020 entitled “Measures to support Local Economic Operators, SMEs and Households in the COVID-19 Context and Modus Operandi for the disbursement of funds under the Support Programme (Special Relief Amount and Special Account)”.
Two categories of customers adversely impacted by COVID-19 falling under the scope of this support programme have been identified as follows:
Category 1: Borrowers eligible under the BOM scheme
|Category 1C (Households)||Category 1D (Individuals)|
Important: Please note that the above-mentioned documents are mandatory to benefit from the interest relief.
Category 2: Other borrowers not meeting BOM scheme criteria but impacted by COVID-19
- Household adversely impacted by COVID-19 (e.g. loss of job, technical holiday, reduced salary).
- The customer’s loan has been well serviced as at date in our books with no arrears.
- Moratorium Period:
- Not to exceed 6 months on capital repayment only, effective as from the month in which complete request along with all required documents is submitted to the bank
- Facilities concerned:
- All consumer loans disbursed in Mauritian Rupee excluding overdrafts and credit cards. Consumer loans falling under the scope are thus: Home Loans, Boost Loans, Personal Loans, Achiever Loans, Eco Loans and Leases.
- Required documents:
- Latest payslip
- Letter from employer indicating that the employee’s salary has been reduced or that the employee is otherwise impacted by COVID-19 or any other evidence acceptable to the bank.
Note: For self-employed clients, household income eligibility will be determined based on existing criteria for assessing credit worthiness of customers; i.e.; salary, turnover or MRA return (if available).
How to apply?
- Please click on ''Apply Now'' to fill your application online.
- Please note that the deadline for submission of your application form is 30 June 2020.
- The bank will keep you informed of your application status. In case your request is approved, the bank will issue a variation letter to your existing loan agreement.
You may also wish to consult the list of Frequently Asked Questions in relation to this programme.