At a glance
Embark on new adventures with your MasterCard World Rewards. Available in USD, EUR and MUR. Turn your dreams into reality with premium level privileges.
- Available in three different currencies: USD, Euro and Mauritian Rupee
- Credit limit starting as from Rs 400,000
- No need to bank with SBM
- Chip card
- Flexible repayment methods
- Travel insurance and accident cover
- Accepted locally and abroad
- Accumulation of points and redemption of points online
- VIP lounge access with LoungeKey
Click here to view LoungeKey Condition of Use
Click here sign up to the LoungeKey Smartphone App ( Android/Apple devices)
- Chip-enabled Card
- Purchase Protection Cover
- Extended Warranty Cover
- Insurance cover
Features & Offers:
- Discounts at partner merchants across Mauritius
- Exclusive Worldwide Discounts and Offers and Special Worldwide Programme
- Free membership to VIP lounge access with LoungeKey
- Fraudulent Charges on Card Cover
- Up to 45 days of interest-free credit on purchases
- Repayment option as from 5% up to 100%
- Multiple repayment modes: Automatic monthly repayment, branch counter and internet banking
- Earn Point on purchases
- 24/7 assistance through SBM’s cards Hotline
- 24-Hour Emergency Cash Disbursement
- Minimum income of Rs 200,000 per month
- Supplementary cards will be issued to immediate family members only
- Must satisfy the bank’s credit/lending criteria
- Copy of identification (Passport/National Identity Card)
- Original salary slip/letter from employer
- Copy of latest utility bill (CWA, CEB, MT)
- Occupation/Work permit and work contract (for expatriates only)
- Full passport copy (for expatriates only)
- Bank statement for last 3 months (only for non-SBM Customers)
- Bank statement for last 6 months (only for self-employed individuals)
What is a credit card?
A credit card works in the same way as cash but is a safer alternative. You can use the card in lieu of cash; the bank pays the merchant and at the mid of each month the bank sends you a statement of all your transactions made during that period and the minimum amount you have to pay.
Who can apply for the SBM MasterCard World Reward Credit Card?
If you earn a net monthly salary of Rs 300,000 or more, you will be eligible to apply.
Can I apply for additional / supplementary credit cards?
Supplementary cards can be issued to close family members, that is, spouse and children. The expenditure limit will be shared between the primary and supplementary cardholder(s). However, the statement will list down the individual card expenditure.
How secure is a credit card?
SBM Credit Cards are chip-enabled which makes the card totally secure. Even if you lose your card all you need to do is to call us immediately on our cards hotline (230) 202 1256, available on a 24/7 basis, or (230) 207 0111 between 08hr00 to 18hr00 on weekdays and we will cancel your card.
Do I need to open / hold an account with SBM to have an SBM MasterCard World Reward Credit Card?
No need to have an account with us if you are applying for a MasterCard World Rewards Credit Card.
Will the credit card cost me anything?
You have to pay an annual fee. Any other charges are up to you. If you repay within the interest free period and if you don’t withdraw cash there will be no extra fees or charges. All fees and charges are detailed in our tariff guide.
Will the merchant charge me an additional fee for paying with my card?
No, the cost of an item is the same whether you pay by card or cash.
What is meant by the billing period and when is the payment due date?
Presently, the billing period for all your transactions starts from 15th of the month until 14th of next month. The payment due date falls on end of month after the last billing date. All payments must be effected by the payment due date indicated on your bill. Overdue accounts are subject to late payment fees and finance charges.
What happens when I choose to pay less than the amount charged?
As a credit cardholder, you have the flexibility to pay less than the total amount due on or before your due date. You must however, pay at least 5% of your statement closing balance. By paying less than the total amount due you will need to pay finance charges (interest). The finance charge will be levied on your opening balance and on all new transactions posted to your credit card account within the statement period, accrued from date of transaction until the end of the statement period.
What is a finance charge and how is it calculated?
A finance charge is the interest charged to your card account when you do not pay the total amount due. As such you will be charged interest (finance charge) if you only pay the minimum amount due or any amount between the total amount due and the minimum amount due, on or before the Payment Due Date. A finance charge is also levied on cash advance transactions from the date the cash advance is effected until it is fully paid irrespective of having chosen 100% repayment option.
What if I am not able to pay the minimum amount due by payment due date?
If you are unable to pay the minimum amount due by the payment due date, the current tafiffs and charges will be applied, please refer to our tariff guide.
Can I use my credit card for online purchases?
Yes you can. On the payment page ensure that you enter the last three digits at the back of the card in the white box.
What if I pay in full the total amount due?
If you pay in full the total amount due on or before the payment due date, then no finance charges will be applied on your credit card account. This, however, does not apply if you performed cash advance, where interest accrues as from day one of the transaction. Quasi cash transactions are considered as cash advance and will attract interest and cash advance fees. All forms of Betting are quasi cash transactions
What to do if I lose my card?
You should immediately report the loss or theft of your credit card by calling our cards hotline on (230) 202 1256, available on a 24/7 basis, or call centre on (230) 207 0111 between 08hr00 to 18hr00 on weekdays.